The first order of business for any passenger is the check-in process.
The check-in process provides you a seat assignment, a boarding pass for your flight
and ability to check any baggage as well.
Check-In Closing and Boarding
- Domestic flight: 20 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
- International flight: 40 minutes prior to scheduled departure.
Because of heightened security at airports in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, check-in will close 60 minutes prior to a flight's scheduled departure.
Closing time may vary according to each airline’s policy. For a codeshare flight, please refer to the operating carrier's information.
Customs, Security Check and Immigration
- Customs: Declaration of any high-priced items and/or prohibited items
- Security Check: Inspection for any dangerous articles
- Immigration: Inspection of departure/entry qualifications
- International flight boarding begins 30 minutes prior to the departure time and closes 10 minutes prior to the departure time.
- Domestic flight boarding begins 20 minutes prior to the departure time and closes 5 minutes prior to the departure time.
- The Aviation Security Act requires that we check passenger’s passport and boarding pass at the boarding gate. Please have your boarding pass and passport ready prior to boarding.
Please be at the gate and ready to board before boarding time for on-time operation.
Code-Share flights with partner airlines on routes and schedules that are not served by Korean Air.
Korean Air handles the reservations and ticketing for those codeshare flights and its flight service, including the check-in process, is provided by the operating partner airline.
The operating carrier's name is listed in the restrictions box on your ticket.
Exit Row Seat
Pursuant to government notice, emergency exit row seats are assigned to physically able passengers over 15 years of age who are capable of understanding the instructions given by the cabin crew in case of emergencies to assist other passengers exit the aircraft. It cannot be reserved in advance for this reason. Please inquire at the time of your check-in for more detailed information.
Check the passport's expiration date and signature. Many countries require the passport be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date upon entering the destination country, and an own signature on the dotted line.
- Visa (if required by country visiting)
- e-Ticket Itinerary/Receipt
Some countries may require return or onward flight tickets for admission. Please prepare a copy of your e-ticket in advance.
- Credit card used for online transaction (if booked online)