Korean Air Awards
Award tickets can be issued through our website including mobile application or one of our local branch offices.
Conditions of Award Tickets
- Mileage Awards are only available for Korean Air operated flight with Korean Air flight numbers. (Code share flight operated by other airline may be restricted.)
- All award tickets are subject to, and the passenger is responsible for, applicable carrier-imposed fees, taxes and fees.
- Award tickets must be used as to the sequence. If not, unused ticket is not available for boarding.
- Stopover en route is not permitted—only allowing transit within 24 hours between origin and destination. However, one stopover is permitted in each direction for journeys starting before 1 July, 2020.
Award Tickets Issue Information
- Use mileage for award ticket through homepage (Award Booking) Open a new window
- Redeem Awards in Branch office
Service User Guide
- One-way award requires 50% of round-trip redemption mileage.
- Child award requires the same redemption mileage as an adult.
- Infant award requires 10% of adult redemption mileage.
- Ticket Award and Upgrade Award are not applicable to the segment between Americas and Guam via Korea.
- In case of a travel itinerary that includes both international and Korea domestic flights, mileage is deducted for both the international and domestic flights according to the mileage redemption chart.
Peak season Details
- Peak season travel requires the redemption of more accrued miles than other seasons.
- If seasonality is different for each one-way direction, seasonality will be applied separately.
- For travel to and from Korea, seasonality is determined by each one-way flight segment based on date of boarding.
- For travel via Korea, the first boarding date of the journey per each sector will determine the season.
Validity of Award Tickets
- Award tickets are valid for 1 year from the issued date.
- Award tickets are not extendable.
Change and Refund
In case of changes in an itinerary, changes may be restricted depending on the modified route and schedule, or additional mileage deductions, taxes, carrier-imposed fees or a reissue charge may be imposed.
Charge for Change
Charge for Change Details Korea Domestic International None KRW 30,000
(CAD 30 departing from Canada, IDR 350,000 departing from Indonesia)
If a part of an award ticket is not used, miles for the unused portion can be reinstated after the used miles and refund fees are deducted.
Refund fee for domestic flights
Charge for Refund Details Within ticket expiration date After ticket expiration date 500 Miles
Refund fee for international flights
Refund fee for international flights details Before 91 days or more prior to departure date Within 90 days before departure date After ticket expiration date Free of Charge 3,000 Miles 10,000 Miles
The no-show penalty for no-show passengers will be imposed separately from the reissue or refund fees. The same amount of the no-show penalty as it is in the case of a revenue ticket will be charged to a bonus award. Penalty can be various, depending on the currency of departure country. (No-Show Penalty Amount)
However, in case of refund after no-show, its penalty will be charged by miles. (Long Route 12,000 miles / Medium Route 7,000 miles / Short Route 5,000 miles / Korea Domestic 500 miles)
View Bonus Award Seat Availability
Redeem your miles on Award ticket with 19 SkyTeam Alliance carriers.
- Aerolineas Argentinas
- Aero Mexico
- Air Europa
- Air France
- China Airlines
- China Eastern Airlines
- Czech Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Garuda Indonesia
- Kenya Airways
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
- Korean Air
- Middle East Airlines
- Saudia Airlines
- TAROM Romanian Air Transport
- Vietnam Airlines
- Xiamen Airlines
Skyteam Bonus Mileage Chart (Departure region)
- SkyTeam Bonus Asia 1 /
- SkyTeam Bonus Asia 2 /
- SkyTeam Bonus Asia 3 /
- SkyTeam Bonus Oceania /
- SkyTeam Bonus North America /
- SkyTeam Bonus Central America /
- SkyTeam Bonus South America /
- SkyTeam Bonus Europe /
- SkyTeam Bonus Africa /
- SkyTeam Bonus Middle East
SkyTeam Bonus Terms and Conditions
Please check Terms and Conditions before using SkyTeam Bonus.
Partner Airlines Bonus
Redeem your miles for award travel on other Korean Air partner airlines.
Change of Itinerary
Partial change in itinerary is eligible with fee applied as below (must re-issue the ticket at Korean Air ticketing office)
Fee (based on the request date of change)
- Until July 31, 2017 : Free
- After August 1, 2017 : KRW 30,000
- Refund is only eligible when the ticket is completely unused, partially used ticket is ineligible for refund.
- Refund is eligible with mileage deduction as refund fee (Different amount per validity status)
Before 91 days or longer prior to departure date
Within 90 days before departure
After ticket expiration date
Free of charge